Followers

Saturday 23 September 2017

Play Away Today

I’ve seen my daughter today,
She behaves in a loving way
As she likes hugging and kissing
Which is a tranquil blessing.
She loves me with fervour
And likes my respectful behaviour
Of believing in the Saviour –
A belief without grief to savour.

My grandchildren had fun
With me, their dad and mum,
They were laughing and joking
With their playful playing.
I took Kenzie, to see his nanny
Where he plays quite happily.


© Andrew Stevenson 23/09/2017

A sonnet.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like family and loved ones! I can't imagine how you can write so many poems. I've always struggled and I rarely try. We're all born with different gifts. Poetry was not one of men, but I enjoy reading it. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been an odyssey, and I struggled at first. I think the more you write the better you get. When I fist started it used to take about a week to write one poem! The more words you know the better! And we have so many! Sorry you struggle with it. I enjoy reading other poets work, such as Martin. You have a good one too. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete