Followers

Saturday 11 November 2017

Picking Up Lacey May

I am picking up Lacey May
From her grandmother’s today,
She has been there all weekend –
Her nan is her very best friend.
Lacey is sweet and very polite
And loves to draw and write.
She is expressively creative
And is always open to give. 

Thankfully it is not that far
To travel as I have my car:
I will take her to see my mum
Who lately is feeling glum.
We have all had a scoff
At Lacey’s bad cough. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/11/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. To all your family Andrew have a lovely day.
    Great verse.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind sentiments. Have a lovely day yourself. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Lacey May sounds like a joy to have as a granddaughter. I hope she cheers your mom, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, she is indeed an angel! She did cheer my mother up! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete