Followers

Monday 20 November 2017

Respectfully Sadie

I hope Karen likes Sadie,
My Jack Russell Terrier,
She is lovingly cosy
When cuddling up to her.
She can be quite playful
And is often cheerful –
Especially while walking
And when she’s running. 

She’s been lovingly nurtured
And is now good natured,
She is great with he and she
Who gently pet her respectfully.
I love her with all of my heart
And dread the day she will part. 

© Andrew Stevenson 19/11/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Perts are a real comfort in life, when I lost my husband my cat Tabitha who was diabetic was a reall comfort to mme.
    Alas I'm not allowed pets where I live.
    Enjoyed your poem Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. She is a great comfort, and is good company. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet tribute to Sadie, Andrew! JRTs have such a perky personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words. She is very perky! She likes to play! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete