Followers

Friday 16 February 2018

Chill From Being Ill

My roots are firmly
In the hard ground,
I am now sensibly
Feeling quite sound,
Growing passionately
To where I’m bound,
Joining my family tree
Not feeling sadly down. 

I’m in a heavenly place
And am resting in peace,
I long to see your face
As I am not yet deceased.
I will not just pass you by
With memories to deny. 

© Andrew Stevenson 04/09/2017
 
A re-edited piece. I only kept the first two lines.
 
Thank  you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. That's a serious re-edit, Andrew! I especially like the lines: "Growing passionately
    To where I’m bound..." It's good to see that you are solidly in a good place, especially after reading some of the heartbreaking poems from when you were ill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words and sentiments, they are greatly appreciated. I am in a good place, and have a nice routine visiting my family and friends - who Keep me rationally sane! They are all a great help. And the meds I'm on suit me, so that's a blessing keeping me from stressing. And I love writing, which occupies my mind and gives me something to do. I've been editing all of my poems, as a lot were mediocre, which I've now touched up. Mostly I've been sorting the meter out in my pieces, trying to get all of the lines a similar length. Thank you for your kind concern for my well-being. Blessings to you. Enjoy your Sunday. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete