Followers

Friday 2 February 2018

I Was

Medication is unkind as the side effects can play
In your body and mind to make yourself sway –
I wrestle in restlessness and grapple with I sanity,
But I’m full of hopefulness to remain hospital free;
At times I lose my senses and can become delusional
With lots of pretences of being extremely paranormal.
I have different characters that play a different game
With seriousness mad natures similarly the same. 

Angry at some who follow and watch at a distance
And come the morrow are still in my existence –
I can argue and bout with strangers in the street,
Scream and shout in an insane paranoia heat.
 The mad memories are many with a violent few,
With sorrows to nurture and forgiveness to pursue. 

© Andrew Stevenson 18/03/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
I wrote this years ago when my medication didn't suit me. It expresses some of my ailments of having bipolar! I've re-edited this poem.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

6 comments:

  1. Very open and honest writting Andrew I honestly do wish you continurd good luck and health.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. I struggled for years on the wrong meds! Gladly what I'm on now suit me well, keeping me sane! Blessings to you. And I wish you good luck with your health problems. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I can relate to this as my epilepsy has the same effect on people more in the past year than all the 32 yrs I've had the illness. Thanks for sharing Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for you understanding. I was a handful when I was unwell, especially to my near and dear! Sorry about your health problems, which I can relate to with my daughter having the same condition. You are welcome. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. On one hand this poem is fascinating because it gives me some sense of what it must be like to be in the grip of paranoia. On the other hand, it makes me sad to think this is not an abstract person, but about you. Thanks you for courageously sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. I was quite mad for years, and was in and out of hospital for a number of years due to the extremity of my insane behaviour! Gladly I've been well now for a long spell with being on the right medication. I'm openly honest with my condition and the effects it had upon me and others. Blessings to you. And you're welcome. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete